Do you dream of seeing the classic cities of Europe: Amsterdam, Prague, Cologne, Budapest, Vienna, but feel you don’t have the time or you can’t afford it?
A very convenient and affordable way to cover a lot of territory in a short period of time is via a European river cruise. And with the current trend towards fully inclusive luxury cruises, there’s really almost no reason not to take that dream trip. If you haven’t ever considered a European river cruise, here are five reasons why you should consider it…
5 Reasons A European River Cruise Rocks
1. Every day you awake in a new magical setting you’ve only ever dreamed of. You walk out onto your private balcony and a spectacular castle perched on a verdant hillside is all you see. On a river cruise, this is part of the package.
Picture being able to travel from Amsterdam to Budapest within one week. One day you could be touring the canals of Amsterdam and the next you could be in Salzberg, Vienna, listening to a Mozart opera, or wandering the cobblestone streets of Budapest.
2. You will have more time to relax and truly enjoy yourself because you’re not packing up and moving every day to a new city. Imagine the luxury of arriving at your hotel (in this case the ship), unpacking, and staying there for the entire duration of your trip – be it one week, ten days, or more.
3. You’ll never need to worry about cash, tips, credit cards, bills, or anything financial. Most cruises now are all inclusive. That includes drinks, meals, tours, tips, bottled water, and more. Many cruises also include transportation to your port and transfer fees. How much easier could it be?
4. You can choose customized self-guided tours, or take a tour with a group leader to learn more about the history and culture of the area you travel to from qualified guides; many are local to the area you are visiting. Simply let the tour office on board know your wishes in advance and you’re set!
5. One of the things I personally love about cruises: no cooking and no cleaning. But every day, there is delicious food, first class wine, and the room is made. For me, that is the epitome of luxury.
Actually that’s six reasons. But who’s counting?
What about you?
Have you ever taken a European river cruise? Have I convinced you?